Break out your scuba gear and get ready to do a giant stride into the deep blue waters of Manaan because we’re about to live the life aquatic from our new stronghold.
Nothing about the stronghold is final. Rooms, hooks, and costs are all works in progress and subject to change. Here are the preliminary details.
- The stronghold will be part of Game Update 5.3.
- The stronghold will cost 2.5 million credits. Remember it’s better to use coins than credits to purchase the stronghold.
- There is an upper floor you can unlock for 975K credits.
- There is an underwater observatory you can unlock for 2M credits.
- There are north and south deepwater sanctuaries you can unlock for 1.45M each. The sanctuaries have floor-to-ceiling windows for wondrous ocean views.
When Bioware announced they were adding a new stronghold in 2015 I prayed to the Force that it would be Manaan. They gave us Yavin IV instead, and I loved it. That ancient jungle temple is my sanctuary and I will remember it with great fondness as I relocate to Manaan.
Manaan is a beautiful world. It’s pristine streets, ocean vistas, and floating cities are the perfect environment to relax after a day of mayhem. I just wish I could truly feel the cool ocean breeze as it gently wafts across the golden sun deck as I gaze out into the horizon wondering if I’ll ever get that last piece of 248 to drop from a crate.
If it weren’t for the Selkath, Manaan would be perfect. They don’t like outsiders, and I don’t like them. Their muffled vocalizations make we want to puncture my eardrums with a sharp stick. Fortunately, they won’t be part of the stronghold.
The video is a preview with a capital “P”. It’s preliminary and lacks polish. It’s still good enough that is has me excited and singing Manaan, Manaan Doot-Doot-Do-Do-Do.